My sweet boy, The time has come. The time has come for me to watch you spread your wings, and fly. It is time for you to start school away from home. My heart...oh my heart...it is so worried, so very excited, and so very anxious for this. I write this, and the tears start to flow. We met your teachers tonight, they both seem very sweet. You were scared. You wouldn't walk into the building. You had to be coaxed and carried in by grandma. You were nervous. You stood by me, half of your body behind me. We put your backpack in your cubby, school supplies in the bin, and we stood. Both of us nervous, but trying not to show it. After a couple minutes, I took you by the hand, and walked you around the classroom. We talked to Ms.Amber a few times. After a half hour, you started to warm up. You played with some blocks, and pretended to blow over a tower. By the end, you didn't want to leave. And so tonight, I listen to you make cookies with Ellie and Dadda. I listen to your sweet v...
Comments
Post a Comment