A bit of catching up!

Boy, life sure does get busy with a two year old running around!!
My last post about our life was in august when we found out about baby #3!
I guess we will talk about the pregnancy first!
To say that this pregnancy has been easy would be a lie! I started getting extreme tiredness  shortly after we found out we were expecting. I mean it would get so bad that if I sat for more than 10 minutes I would be falling asleep....which isn't good when you have two 2 year olds and a baby in the house! Luckily, the boys would all sleep at the same time so I'd sneak in a nap with them! Then from about week 8 till week 14, I would have all afternoon/night nausea. I never threw up but came close a few times. So add the nausea on top of the tiredness and I just wasn't having it. This pregnancy has been so different than when I was pregnant with Jeremiah.

I also was worried out of my mind until I got to the 2nd trimester. Getting pregnant after a loss takes on its own emotions and feelings. I was terrified to use the bathroom, celebrated when we made it past the mark where we lost Eden and then became terrified again. I finally broke down one day when I was home alone and cried out to God. There I was, in the shower, bawling like a baby because I was so scared we'd loose this baby too. Then it was the oddest thing, I stopped crying and felt complete warmth that wasn't from the water, and complete peace and just heard God saying to stop worrying, this baby will be fine and will be coming home. Even though God told me it'd be fine, it was hard to convince my heart of that. When we had our dating ultrasound, I was so nervous and cried before going into the clinic. When the tech showed us our baby and then showed us the heartbeat I couldn't help but cry some more and breathe out a silent "Thank you Lord for this baby." But I still worried and I still do some days. And then we hit our 20 week ultrasound!

Jeremiah will be a big brother to baby Elliana Rose! We did our ultrasound with the midwife at my clinic and she was only 70% sure it was a girl. I couldn't handle not knowing so we went to Storks Vision in madison for an elective ultrasound. It was then confirmed loud and clear that it was a girl!!

Now pink and girly stuff is slowly being added to our house! At this time we have 8.5 weeks left until we meet Elliana and we are so excited!!

And now for our little man! Jeremiah turned 2 in october! His language is taking off like crazy and he says new words/sentences every day! He still loves playing cars and can play with them all day long! This winter has been hard on his little body. In november he came down with an ear infection with pneumonia. Then just 2 weeks ago, he was diagnosed with RSV after 3 days of round the clock fevers. The fevers finally stopped after 5 days but he still has a little bit of a left over cough. It was so hard on his little body. He wasn't sleeping well at all, waking up every hour or two and just whimpering, During the day, he would only drink, not eat, and would play for a few minutes and then want cuddled for a few hours. It was rough!
Jeremiah also loves playing in the "baby room" although I'm not quite sure he understands what will be happening! The other day we were in the store and he spotted a baby. He was saying "baby baby baby" so I asked him "J should we bring a baby home?" He responded with "no baby home!" Ha! It was so cute!
Another one of Jeremiah's favorite activities is going to the hotel to swim! There is a hotel in town that lets you use the pool without renting a room for a low price of 3 bucks per person aged 3 and up. So for 6 bucks, Matt, Jeremiah and I get to break up the winter with swimming and having fun as a family!

Right before christmas I came down with influenza a! It started as a cold with a fever and a migraine, but it seemed like every minute I was feeling worse and worse. Then I started puking and knew I needed to go to the emergency room. I called my mom to watch Jeremiah and Matt came home to take me in. I ended up in the ER for 4 hours! They gave me some good, but safe for baby, drugs to get the migraine under control because it hurt to even have my eyes open. I also ended up needing two bags of iv fluids. The nasal swab for the test could be used as a torture device. I've never fought a nurse before but man, that sucked!! Then the test came back positive and we were sent home with a script for tamiflu. My mom took Jeremiah home with her for a few days so I could rest and get better. I was in no shape to be caring for a toddler! I pretty much slept for 2 days straight, I've never been that sick in my life!

So other than getting things ready for the baby and enjoying the last few weeks of it just being the three of us, there isn't much else going on! I'd post pictures but I"m using my mom's computer and all my pictures are on our computer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah is here!

Meeting--Matt's point of view lol

My First Mother's Day!