Matt's thoughts--First Meeting With Case Worker

So we met with Heather, our caseworker, for the first time today. She seems really nice but it was still kind of stressful. She tried to push us to go to the doctor to find out why, or if we can't have our own children. She said what if it's something simple, but what if it's not? It would be devestating for either of us to find out we were unable to have biological children. Heather told us she had the same issue but the doctors were never able to tell why she wasn't able to have children so I expected her to be more understanding with us not wanting to know. I was talking to my Dad the other night too and he didn't seem to get it either! Argh! Seriously its our decision and only we can be the judge of how hard it would be on us!! Okay sorry. Enough of my rant on that.

She also brought up that there is some times some pain for adopting parents that they haven't been able to have their own children. Which we still haven't given up on having our own but it does still hurt that we haven't been able to have biological children yet. It's one of those things you take for granted. I've heard of other couples, or people, that finally told God it's okay if we don't have biological children and were able to accept that they may never be able to, but I can't do that yet. (Ironically the person I heard that about got pregnant a short time after that).

I'm also stressing now because the tax refund that we were counting on to pay back most of our adoption costs may not be available after this year because the law is due to expire! Seriously! God what are ya doin to me? LOL

Oh and guess what? We got even more paper work today!!! Ahhhhhh!!!! It never ends! LOL Oh well.

Well any ways! Stressful day! We would appreciate continued prayers as we continue this process. Thank you all for being so supportive!

Comments

  1. If you believe this is what God is leading you to do with all your hearts, then by all means do it and God will work it out! I also wonder why the social worker wasn't more sensitive to your not-wanting-to-know - I know I understand your reasons and see nothing wrong or inappropriate with that. People choose to adopt for many different reasons - people who are very much capable of having their own children, but choose not to right away, but instead see a need to help those who are already here on earth. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with that. I am excited for you to continue this journey, and it will all work out. Do not be discouraged...

    and yes, paperwork. I haven't been in your spot, but from others I know who have, there is a LOT! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah is here!

Meeting--Matt's point of view lol

And God said "Wait"