My First Mother's Day!

How incredibly blessed I am to call this ham my son! He is the light of my life and the reason my heart beats! I love him so much I can't even explain it! The sun could be shining so bright but nothing is more bright than his face when he sees me come in his room in the morning! Sure we have our hard days, and there are days when I feel like I can't do this motherhood thing, but all it takes is one look in his eyes and I know it will be ok. That we will get through this thing called life together. There is nothing stronger than the bond we hold already. I sit here typing in happy tears just thinking of how much he means to me.

I almost feel even more blessed knowing our journey to have him. I can't count how many mothers days I didn't want to crawl out of bed. How many church services I would cringe through when people I didn't know would say "happy mothers day" and I'd have to force on a smile when all I wanted to do was crawl in bed and cry. My thoughts today were with the countless women going through another painful mothers day. I couldn't stop thinking of the women in church that were probably cringing through being wished a happy mothers day and then also holding back the tears watching the many families dedicate their babies. I have been there and my thoughts were with them today. My thoughts were also with the men and women who don't have their mom's here to celebrate with...including my husband and sister in law.

Our mothers day started a little crazy! I woke up with Jeremiah at 2:30am, fed him and was back in bed at around 3am. Then around 7:45am I heard him talking through the monitor. I was hoping Matt would grab him but he was snoring away. So I rubbed my eyes, stretched and walked down to get my baby. He was laying on his back, I opened his door and he was looking for me. I said " hey there cutie pie" and I got his most precious morning smiles! We sat and talked while he was in his crib for a bit and then I picked him up to change his diaper. We ate breakfast and had a great conversation over his cereal and fruit. Then he was fussy for a bottle. We only had one in the cupboard but he was picky and wanted a different one....I couldn't find the nipples for the clean bottles and he was pissed! I finally had to call to Matt to ask where they were. Once we got the bottles switched, he snuggled in close while drinking his bottle. He then took a short nap in my arms. I sat there, breathing in his sweet baby scent and rubbing my face in his soft hair. His hand was up on my face, his favorite way to fall asleep. I was in heaven! After he woke up, Matt and I had breakfast together with Jeremiah chattering away in his high chair. We then got ready for church. Church was good and then we had to make a stop in madison and then went to my mom's house for lunch. Jeremiah got me a canvas print (it's to be ordered once I decide on a picture to have printed), and a little book. Matt got me a card and a frame with some of his newborn pictures in it. My mom got me a beautiful card that I will cherish always! All in all, it was a great beautiful day! Jeremiah was in a great mood, minus our car ride home, but was full of laughs and smiles, which is really the best gift of all!

Comments

  1. That is so awesome! Glad you had a good day. I meant to wish you a happy mother's day several times, and started to, but got interrupted, and well, never got back. Sorry. Anyways, happy Mother's day to an amazing mother! I am so glad that we can share in the joys and trials of being momma's to our little (and not so little) ones. If I could have hand-picked a mother for my nephew, there is no way I could have done better than choosing you, I am so glad that God in His infinite wisdom brought you and Matt together, what a blessing you have been and will be to entire Peterson and Horton clans. :-) Love ya Sis, you are the best!!
    Your Grateful Sister,
    Anga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christel, I am so very happy that you were blessed with such a wonderful little boy. You finally can relate when someone says "words cannot explain the love I have for you". I don't think that is a greater love than the one between a mother and her child. I love you tons and tons more than words could were say :) Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah is here!

Meeting--Matt's point of view lol

And God said "Wait"