6 Weeks!

I can't believe that Jeremiah is 6 weeks old! It seems just like yesterday that I was watching him squirm in my tummy, dreaming about what he would look like, and now he's here! Jeremiah is getting so big, so fast, and seems to be changing a bit everyday!

In the past week, Jeremiah has been flashing us his most adorable smile! I never have a camera on me but someday soon I will catch that smile on film! He also has been awake for longer periods during the day. When he is awake, he usually doesn't like to be held for long. He'd rather lay on his back and kick, kick, kick away! His eyes are changing to a dark gray! He holds his head up quite well while being held and also while doing tummy time- which he can't stand for more than a few moments. Jeremiah has been eating 5 ounces every 3-4 hours, while going longer periods at night. Last night (monday, december 10th), he slept for 7 hours straight...yep, from 1am till 8am!!

As for me (mom), I had my 6 week check up today. It went well! I am 20 pounds lighter than when I got pregnant with Jeremiah! I keep saying that Jeremiah has been the best, and easiest weight loss plan! My incision is all healed up..finally! Everything looks good though. We were told to wait a year before getting pregnant again. Which is really fine and what we were going to do anyway (so don't ask when we will have another one hehe!)

Matt's been keeping busy with work. Since he works only less than a mile away from home, he gets to come home for lunch. Its a highlight of our day! It has been so much fun watching Matt go from husband to daddy! Now that Jeremiah is interacting more, I think Matt's starting to enjoy being a dad more...I'll be honest, I'm starting to enjoy being a mom more too. As always, Matt has another project going on. He's in the process of installing our dishwasher. So for the past few nights, Jeremiah and I have heard a lot of sawing, and banging going on in the kitchen! Of course, Matt stops to help me out when I need it and continues to cook too. He even let me take a two hour nap alone today! He really is a great husband and father! Jeremiah and I are blessed to have him in our lives!

Well that's it for now! Jeremiah is in bed and I'm going to head there now! Goodnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah is here!

Meeting--Matt's point of view lol

And God said "Wait"