Teething is no joke!

Sorry I haven't written in awhile! We've had quite the busy month since I last wrote!

Jeremiah now has two teeth on the bottom! They are so super cute and yet, I wish I still had a toothless baby!  At the moment, he has another cold (doctor told us over the phone it may be allergies), and is teething I believe 3 teeth. I can't feel anything yet but the gums are fairly swollen in certain places.

When Jeremiah first got his cold, it was back to sleeping in the recliner or in the spare room on the mattress on the floor, and waking every 2-3 hours. There was one night where we were both too uncomfortable to sleep in the recliner so we headed to the spare room. I was on the big mattress and Jeremiah was laying propped up on a futon mattress. Jeremiah had woken up in the middle of the night, so I brought him up to me to calm him down. He fell asleep in my arms and since the mattress is only for one person, there wasn't much room to leave me comfortable sleeping with him on it. I scooted as far away from him as I could. Before I knew it, Jeremiah had stretched out and kept hitting me so I ended up on the futon mattress! I woke up thinking how ridiculous it was for this baby to have a big, comfy mattress while I'm basically sleeping on the floor...the things we do for our kiddos!! During the day it wasn't much better. I had to give him pain meds around the clock and even then he was one very cranky baby. I mean he wouldn't play even by me without screaming to be held. I normally don't give in but man, he was a bear and I was tired of the fussing! My arms better be gaining some muscle after hauling this kiddo everywhere! On top of that, he didn't want to eat. He usually goes after his solids like no tomorrow but he didn't want those. I could only get him to drink his bottles once he was passed out. And you had to do a quick switch from pacifier to bottle or he'd put up a fight. After about 3-4 nights of only getting a few hours of sleep each night, I needed to get some sleep. I had actually woken up so dizzy on a Saturday morning, that I almost fell right on top of the baby. I had to have Matt pick him up so I could stand and get my bearings. I then packed Jeremiah's bag and headed to my mom's. I ended up passing out on her recliner and then moved back to her bed. I slept for a good 3-4 hours and ended up leaving Jeremiah at her house for the night...I needed sleep and a break!!

Matt's first father's day was on the 16th! Jeremiah made him a cute picture. We did both his hand prints upside down and then wrote "Hands Down, the world's best dad!" Matt really liked it and now it's on display at his work. After church, we went to my mom's and picked up my mom and dad and we all headed up to Devils Lake. We had to stop to grab stuff to grill at the park and that trip was interesting in itself. Nobody would say what they really wanted! After taking way too long in the store, we headed to the lake. We get there and the place is packed. I expected it to be packed but I've never seen it that full. We had an interesting moment when Jeremiah was getting tired and cranky and was throwing the hugest fit! We finally got up to the window and they weren't selling day passes because the lots were full. So we ended up having to buy a year pass just to get in the park. We found a parking spot and a grill with picnic bench and grilled out. We then wanted to let Jeremiah play in the water. My dad thought you could drive down there and when we said no you can't, you have to walk a very short distance, he got all pissy and stayed behind...whatever. The water was chilly but Jeremiah didn't care. The kid is half fish! He was splashing away having a good time!

The next day was our 7th wedding and 9th dating anniversary! We spent the day as a family of three. We had a lazy morning and after Jeremiah's nap, we took a picnic out to the lake and ate there. Jeremiah loved watching the water and all the people! When we were done, we came back home and let Jeremiah splash in his pool. That evening my mom and dad came up so we could go out. We were just going to stay in town but decided to go to Madison. We ate dinner at Benvenutos and had dessert at cold stone! When we got home, Jeremiah was already in bed so we had a nice quiet evening!

Now today on Friday, he is playing contently with Ardayne on the floor. He went after daddy's yogurt last night like crazy and this morning he ate breakfast really well! Hopefully he will be back to his normal happy, go lucky self in time for our trip!
The next post will be all about our trip to Nebraska!
           
                                                          Jeremiah playing drums on a plastic plate

                                                  Hanging out by the water

                                                         Kicking his feet in the water

                                                       Grandma holding me in deeper water

                                                         Family photo on fathers day

                                                         Jeremiah with Braddlee and Brett holding him


                                                       Grandma put me in the cooler!
                                                        cuddling with my blanket for nap time

                                            He decided to blow a raspberry into a spoonful of green beans

                                                     Jeremiah and Great Grandma

                                                    playing with Grandpa Williams

 
                                                    painting!

                                                              hanging out in the stroller at devil's lake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah is here!

Meeting--Matt's point of view lol

And God said "Wait"