Mixed Feelings

So its been awhile since I've (Christel) have updated. Our informative adoption meeting is next thursday the 13th! We are really excited for it but also nervous. Once we find out more info about whats next, I'll update again.

The past couple weeks have been like a rollercoaster and I've wanted to update many times but never did. I had a bit of trouble at work last week with somebody acuseing me of something I would never do. I was so heartbroken, and all I could see was our future being slammed down. I haven't heard anymore information on whats going on but I'm not worrying about it. My God is bigger than this.

Last week or something, my husband and I were in a store and walked by the baby department. It took all I had to keep back the tears. They were happy tears though! For years, I've gazed at those baby departments, secretly picking out what I would buy or want, and God did a little knock on my heart and showed me that in the very near future, I won't have to pretend, I won't have to walk out of that department empty handed, but that I'll finally be able to go around and put together a baby registry, or load up the cart with baby in tow! I'm super excited about that and God whispered to me at the perfect time. I held back the tears cause I didn't want to break down in the middle of the store. Matt kept asking me what was wrong and I didn't say anything.

We finally announced our adoption plans to our families as well. We told our parents first. I was really scared of telling my mom because I didn't know how she'd react. I was afraid that she'd be mad or let down and that she wouldn't love the baby the same way she would if I gave birth to it. She seemed excited for us. Matt's dad didn't have much to say but he never does on things. His wife, was excited. Matt's sister and her husband were the most estatic. Our nephews and niece just about jumped through the phone! Nick (my bro-in law) was almost speechless! It made us feel alot better that our family is excited for us!
Anyway, I've just about wrote a novel and Matt will be home from work soon!
Until next week,
God bless!

Comments

  1. I continue to be very very excited for you guys and look forward to hearing more updates after your informational meeting. I will support you 100% and pray that your family will support you more and more as the time gets closer that a baby will come to your home! I think they'll (and you'll) be amazed how much love you'll have for this little one even if they didn't come from you biologically (who cares, right?! we are ALL God's children!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah is here!

Meeting--Matt's point of view lol

And God said "Wait"