Jeremiah is here!


So I really suck at updating this thing! As the post says, Jeremiah is here! But let me back track a bit!

Our pregnancy was really a breeze! We always said that we knew God gave us the pregnancy because of how easy things went. I never had morning sickness, my blood and urine numbers were always great, I only gained 6 pounds, and never had any of the things that they test you for.

Last time I updated, we didn't even know that Jeremiah was a boy. I had a gut feeling that he was a boy, but Matt was holding out for a girl. On June 26th, we got to have the gender scan. My favorite thing about pregnancy was getting to have ultrasounds! The tech took her time taking measurements and showing us all the parts...4 chamber heart, hands, feet, head, tummy, etc, etc. Then when I thought she was down by his legs, I said "so, is that a boy?" She asked if we really wanted to know and I immediately said "YES!" So she found the parts, turned the screen and asked what it was. Since I had spent a lot of time online looking at ultrasound photos of people I didn't even know, there was no doubt in my mind that it was a boy. She asked "so what do you think?" and I was like, it's a boy, and she was you're right! I was so happy and I even started to cry! It had always been my dream to have a son first and there we were, starting at our son's private parts LOL! The rest of the ultrasound went great and when I got off the table I almost hugged the lady! That was one of the happiest days of my life!

Fast forward to October and things started to go a little down hill for me. Nothing serious but baby wasn't doing anything to prepare for labor and we had to decide to do the c-section. It was a hard choice to make and I cried most of the day following that appointment. Little did we know, it was a blessing in disguise and God truly had his hand over Jeremiah. On October 29th at 5:30am, my mom, Matt and I headed out to the hospital. I didn't sleep a wink the night before. When we got there, we were given our room for the week and I was hooked up to the monitors. It was in there that we listened to Jeremiah's heart beating away for 3 hours straight. Around 7:45am or so we met with the doctor and the doctor who would be doing the spinal block. That is when I got nervous and tears started to fall. At 8:30 they came for me. Matt had to stay behind for a bit while they prepared me. The O.R was freezing cold but I was able to get heated blankets. The doctor started to prepare me for the spinal and again, I started to cry. I was really scared, but the nurses were so great at helping me calm down and talking me through things. The worst part of the spinal, was the numbing going in. It felt like an extremely bad burning sensation. And then my butt went numb. Having half your body numb was so strange. After I got laid down and they put the curtain up, Matt came in to sit by me. It didn't seem like long and then we heard Jeremiah cry. I had never been so happy to hear a cry before and I started to cry once again. I'm actually tearing up typing it just thinking about that moment. I had to calm myself down so I wasn't moving my stomach too much. I told Matt to go over by Jeremiah while they cleaned him up. After a few minutes, Matt was walking over to me with this little baby all bundled up in blankets. I didn't get to hold him but I did get to give him a kiss. Matt went to the nursery with him while they finished closing me up. I lost a bit of blood but not enough to need a transfusion. I actually ended up falling asleep while they were closing the incision. Once they were done, I was moved back to the bed and then started the journey to recovery. Before we got there though, I was able to hold Jeremiah for a few minutes. It was so surreal holding this little baby that was mine. I stayed in recovery for about an hour until the numbing started to wear off. I dozed off and on but was mostly really ready to go back to my room to see my son.
            The doctor came to check on us and told us they needed to use the vacuum to get him out so he had a bruise on his head. And that it was a good thing we did the c-section since he had a knot in his cord and we very likely could have lost him...so there was our blessing in disguise!
We stayed in the hospital from Monday morning till Thursday afternoon. We were so ready to go home and start our little family of three!
              And now, Jeremiah is a month old! He is getting to be such a big boy! The past month has been hard..physically, mentally and emotionally for all of us. It took a good 3 weeks for my incision to fully heal. I am still numb in the lower abdomen which is normal. We've had a few long nights of Jeremiah crying from 6pm to 1am. But now we are figuring out his schedule and how he likes to be calmed. Jeremiah was dedicated at church when he was just 6 days old. I was pretty emotional during worship, finally having my child in my arms during church. Our pastor told us the meaning of his name. Jeremiah means God will uplift and Jeremiah Lee is God will guide. He also gave Jeremiah a verse of Psalms 23:1-2. After church, we got his newborn pictures done! Jeremiah is now holding his head up for longer periods of time, drinking 4 oz about every 3-4 hours and has slept 6 hours at night the past two nights! He also will flash us a real smile and it melts my heart every time!
              All in all, Jeremiah is our gift from God and we thank God for him everyday! Now that I"m staying home, I plan on keeping up with this blog. It's just easier to update in one place so everybody gets to read/hear the same things.





                                           Jeremiah just hours old!


                                                    Going home!



                                                    Swinging


                                                 Jeremiah in his dedication tux!
    
                                        Saying bedtime prayers...he did that himself!


                                         Mom and Jeremiah cuddling


                                                    Sleepy daddy and baby



                                                    Baby J the Rapper

Comments

  1. Awww, I got all teary eyed reading that! Man, I wish I could come meet my sweet little nephew, the first born of my only brother, he's a special baby indeed! I keep seeing adorable outfits that I want to buy him, so be expecting something in the mail for Christmas time for him. I'd like to Skype again soon to see you all! Thanks for the update Sis, post more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me tear up to. Isn't it amazing how much your heart swells with so much love for your new bundle from God? Just imagine that feeling 1000+ times more is how much God loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tear, tear, tear! I read most of that through clouded eyes. I love you guys so much. What a blessing Jeremiah is. This makes me realize how precious time is. Once I had my first baby that small; now he is taller than I. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting--Matt's point of view lol

And God said "Wait"