First Christmas and 2 months Old!

Jeremiah celebrated his first christmas! This has always been a dream of mine. To have a young infant during my favorite holidays- Thanksgiving and Christmas- and God has made them come true!

We started out by going to church on Christmas Eve- he was Ooo'd and Ahh'd over just like every time we go to church. He slept through the whole service! You know, having a baby, especially a boy, brought a whole new meaning to me this year. I always marvel at the birth of Jesus, but this year my thoughts were on Mary. Knowing what I went through, am going through and have yet to go through, I wonder if Mary felt those same things. I wonder if she cried when she heard him cry for the first time, if her heart burst open at his first smile, if she cried happy tears while giggling with him. All the wonder of a baby boy- did she experience too? And also did she know what he would have to go through, or did God protect her heart for the time being. So many questions!

After church we went to my mom's to spend the night. This was Jeremiah's first night away from home, and even though we would be with him, I was pretty nervous. I packed a lot, but of the wrong things. We almost ran out of diapers! When my mom stays the night with us, she likes to take care of Jeremiah so Matt and I can sleep. Well, just as we were getting ready to go to bed, Jeremiah woke up. I had Matt take him to my mom and she held/ slept with him the whole night..he actually slept the whole night with her...didn't wake up once! Christmas day was spent with exchanging gifts and just enjoying being a family together. We headed home later in the afternoon cause we knew it would be a long night with Jeremiah. He actually didn't do too bad. He just had 3 hours of inconsolable crying...much better than 6!

And now here we are on December 29th. Jeremiah is 2 months old today! Where is the time going? He is growing right before my eyes. I can't believe that just 2 months ago I was holding this tiny baby that didn't do anything, and now he smiles, coos and is starting to giggle!
This morning Jeremiah was laying on his back on the futon by me and we were talking and he started to giggle. I laughed and he giggled harder, which made me laugh more and he giggled more! It was way too cute and by the end of it, I had tears in my eyes. I have heard plenty of young babies giggle and laugh (it really is my favorite sound in the world) but never before have I cried over it. Every day I thank God for Jeremiah. I just never thought I'd ever get the chance to laugh with my own baby born of my flesh and blood!
God is a good God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah is here!

Meeting--Matt's point of view lol

And God said "Wait"